Tom, Attorney and CPA, has been practicing law in North Carolina since 2004. As the managing partner of NC Planning, the estate and business planning department of Adams Howell, Tom leads his team in many ways. Tom sets the example and a high standard for the firm with his dedication, preparedness and responsiveness through his (should be) patented 5 a.m. matter reviews, task updates and emails to both clients and team members. Through insightful, analytical and detailed work, Tom provides the utmost in superior, skillful legal representation and services. His passionate and patient approach keeps him focused on meeting the daily needs of his clients while always looking for ways to improve, for himself, his work and his team.
This methodology has led to the development, growth and success of NC Planning, an innovative approach to the legal profession that focuses on maximizing the benefit of the attorney-client relationship. Through true open communication and an ongoing legal planning platform, Tom is able to provide his clients with open and worthwhile communications with their attorney, as well as customized and ongoing services designed to fulfill all of one’s planning needs from both a personal and business perspective. Tom’s method is embodied in the NC Planning model, one he works to instill in all of his team members. As a result, Tom and NC Planning are able to make ongoing and strategic legal planning actually work for business owners and individuals alike.
As for Tom’s personal life, he is a devout Catholic and Wolfpack fan, a native Michigander (who still believes in the Lions!), and a health nut who often precedes his 5 a.m. emails with a 4:30 a.m. jog, swim or bike ride. As impressive as that is, even more impressive is his devotion to his family. Tom will be the first to tell you that his family is his true passion in life. Father, husband, son, brother, grandson and uncle – Tom lives a full and enriching family life. And with two young boys waiting for him at home, the pace of life actually picks up when he walks in the door, which is just the way he likes it (that is one area where the 5 a.m. work sessions come in handy). And in those other spare moments you also might find him at the local home improvement store checking items off of his honey-do list or spending time with his family up at Lake Gaston.
- Cary Central Rotary Club; Past President, (2007-2008)
- ALS Association – Walk to Defeat ALS
- Cary Lazy Daze Volunteer
- NC State University’s Entrepreneurship Initiative
- Contributing Author, Douglas Forms, Lexis Nexis, 2004-2009 Releases
- Plan, and Plan Now: The Basics of Estate Planning, Legal Insights
- A Simple Instrument For A Complex World, Legal Insights
- Top Tax Strategies for Young Dentists, Dental Entrepreneur
- Asset Protection for Physicians: Preparing for the Unnatural Disaster, Medical Mutual Insurance Company of North Carolina
- Understanding Family Limited Partnerships in North Carolina as a Tool in Estate Planning and Asset Protection, National Business Institute
- Co-Author, Homeowner Access to HOA Financial Records, Homeowner Association of North Carolina (HOA-NC, Inc.)